Help Me Help You Contest
If you’ve read at least one or two of my reviews, you will realize that they are not exactly like other reviews; not only do they give a good idea as to whether a book, movie, or album is of high-quality or not, but they also help my readers–they give them information that would take them a few extra minutes if they had to wait for that product’s Amazon page to load. I think of my reviews as almost part of a database, like IMDb–it includes my thoughts and a summary, but it also has several other tidbits as well.
With this said, I think I better make this next part clear: I have no idea what to review next. That is, I’m going to write another movie review, but I’m sort of stuck on which one to do. Since my family is getting Netflix, you would think I would have plenty to write about. And I do. And that, my readers, is my problem. I’m a rather indecisive reviewer. Actually, I’m just indecisive overall.
Anyhow, I need you guys to basically help me help you all get another review. But it’s going to be like a contest. Basically, you give me entries for what movie you want reviewed, and, next week, I’ll do a random number generator and whoever has that number and picked a movie for that entry will win…a review!
Okay, I know this sounds dumb, but I can’t afford to get a prize and send it out. Anyway, I don’t think my mom would let me.
There’s just one rule: comment, leave your e-mail address (please write it in the safe way–e.g., my.name(at)website(dot)com), and state ONE MOVIE PER ENTRY from the list I have at the end of this post.
Most blog contests have a system in which they incorporate a number of entries, so I’m going to do the same:
- 1+ Comment on this post (again, with your E-MAIL) and state which movie you want
- 2+ Send me an e-mail or put in your comment a question for me to put in the forthcoming FAQ page. It doesn’t have to be formal; it can be a joke, a random question (e.g., “What is your favorite color?”), a question about my opinions, anything. But questions like, “Where do you live?” and “How old are you?” are prohibited, even though most people may know one or the other or both of those questions’ answers. NO PRIVATE QUESTIONS.
- 3+ Each time you link anywhere; it can be anywhere you please EXCEPT for MySpace, simply because I’m not allowed to go on there and can’t verify where you link myself. Leave a comment or e-mail me with a link to where you linked. You can link on your blog, Twitter, Facebook…anywhere! Just let me know where. Also, I’m going to make a tweet that you can RT for three more entries.
- 4+ For following my blog!
Questions I Am Sure You Will Have:
- Can I make my first entry for one movie, my second entry for another movie, my third for a different movie, and so on? Absolutely. Enter in one movie per entry as erratically as you wish.
- If I make three separate posts this week, and in each post I mention and link to this post/blog, does that count for three entries? YES! Absolutely.
- What if I tweet about the contest in several intervals? Go right ahead. If you tweet a number of times (including RTing), it counts as that times three. Same goes for Facebook.
- What must I write in a comment? It is absolutely, positively, VITAL to have your e-mail and the movie you chose for that entry.
- I don’t see any movies I want reviewed. Will you being doing this again soon? Yes! I’m planning on doing a music one for my album reviews, if this goes well.
- Anything else that you should tell me? Yeah. There’s a catch, sort of. The movie you pick won’t necessarily get a good review just because it was your favorite movie.
- Do I get recognition? You get mentioned in the beginning of the review, and you will have a post announcing you as the winner (if you are the winner). But if and when I post reviews on other sites (e.g., Amazon), that will not be put on there.
- Can I make an entry a movie I haven’t seen but am interested in? Definitely, as long as it’s on the list.
- What are your reviews like? I did a review on Ratatouille last summer. All movie reviews will be formatted just like it.
- When is the last day to submit entries and enter? Next Tuesday, July 28, 2009, 11:59:59 PST
- Who do I e-mail to who? What should the subject of the e-mail be? E-mail me, bookbutterfly, at lady(d0t)dashti(at)gmail(dot)com, or bookbutterflyangel(at)yahoo(dot)com. If it is regarding a linked entry, please state so in the subject; if you have a question or comment (which I would love to hear, even if a comment is negative), please state that in the subject. Please write either “Help Me Help You”, “Help Me Help You Contest”, or “HMHY” somewhere in the subject; it would help me sort out my regular mail from ones for this contest.
- Up (2009)
- Lost in Austen (2008)
- The Mission (1986)
- Miss Pettigrew Lives for a Day (2008)
- Little Dorrit (2008)
- Mamma Mia! (2008)
- The Tenant of Wildfell Hall (1996)
- The Curious Case of Benjamin Button (2008)
- Ballet Shoes (2007)
- North and South (2004)
*This list may grow throughout the week, though I can’t say for certain, so check back often!
Entry filed under: Movie Reviews.