Hello, Again! (and the Introduction of TFPWU)
So. I have been away. But I have been brought back. If you’ve been keeping yourself updated with my journal blog, you will know why. For now, I want to share with you all that I will be trying to keep up this blog again (I didn’t abandon it, I simply didn’t have time for it 😛 ), but for now, I will be doing weekly updates called…er, I’m not quite sure what to call it, actually. 😛 I was going to call it a retrospective of sorts, but so many other blogs have something similar and call it exactly that, so it doesn’t seem highly original. My creative juices aren’t exactly flowing for this kind of thing, so I think for now I’m just going to call it “The Forest Princess’s Weekly Updates”, or TFPWU. Yes, “The Forest Princess” is yours truly. Do you guys have any ideas for a title for it? The current title seems so dry and generic, personally. Also, I will be adding some extra features to the site. I’m still working on them, but if you look at the directory tab above, you will see the few pages I have added. I’m also deleting some posts (namely, the ones explaining the format of my reviews, and yes, I am slightly changing the format, but just a wee bit) and moving them to their own separate pages parented by the directory. Just go check on the directory every so often! I may not update it every single day (I’ve been so terribly, terribly, terribly busy, and will continue to be), but just check every once in awhile for something new! 😀 So. Now I may commence “The Forest Princess’s Weekly Updates” (TFPWU). *fanfare consisting of many trumpets 😉 * But pleast note that this first one will include this week and last week’s updates.
What I Finished This Week These Past Two Weeks
- The Penderwicks: A Summer Tale of Four Sisters, Two Rabbits, and a Very Interesting Boy by Jeanne Birdsall
What I’m Reading Now
- Once Upon a Curse (The Tales of the Frog Princess #3) by E.D. Baker
- River Secrets (The Books of Bayern #3) by Shannon Hale
What I’m Reviewing Now
- Book of a Thousand Days by Shannon Hale. I’m actually done writing it, and have been for several months now, but I haven’t posted it on here yet. You can read it on Goodreads, though! 😀
- Howl’s Moving Castle (The Castle Series #1) by Diana Wynne Jones. I’m done writing this one as well, and it can also be found on Goodreads, but I have yet to post it here. Grr!
What I’ve Watched
- Lost in Austen (2008)
- I Dream of Jeannie Season Three (Discs One, Two, and Three) (1967)
- The Mission (1986)
- Miss Pettigrew Lives for a Day (2008)
- Little Dorrit (2008)
What I’m Watching Now
- I believe I will be watching Mamma Mia! (2008) next, but I haven’t started it yet.
Who and What I’m Listening To Now
- I found out this week that Ashley Monroe’s debut album, Satisfied is available on iTunes, and was thrilled because I’ve been DYING to buy her songs “Satisfied” and “Pain Pain”. I’ve listened to them so many times since I bought them earlier this week, but before lunch today I had a sudden odd penchant for any song I had in three-four or six-eight time–something sort of waltz-y or dancey-ish, I guess.
edit: Hey folks, step on over to Reviewer X’s blog, where she is giving away that book you’re probably dying for (and if you’re not, you’re probably drooling all over the keyboard). Click, link (if you want), and comment! Easy and simple as that. 😀